The Sentinel Copper project, located 150 kilometres west of Solwezi, is amongst the largest copper mines in the world and was amongst the first to begin processing in the region. The Sentinel project set the stage for ongoing cooperation between Lycopoium and First Quantum.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work undertaken by Lycopodium for the Project can be summarised as follows:
– Bulk and detailed earthworks, roads and drainage design for the process plant, specific areas of the mine services area and secondary crushing.
– Process design and drafting of flowsheets and P&IDs for a 55 Mtpa throughput copper concentrator plant
– Mechanical, Civil, Structural and Piping engineering design and drafting for the Milling, Flotation, Concentrate handling, Reagents, Tails Thickening and Raw water pipeline
– Evaluation and recommendation of all mechanical equipment associated with the wet plant
– Generation of detailed MTOs for piping procurement.
– Procurement support for structural steel, plate work and piping supply contracts, including issuing of drawings and tracking drawings revisions
– Generation of spares schedule
Engineering reached practical completion mid-2013 and construction was completed mid-2014.