Senior Project Engineer - Earthworks
Established as a joint venture between Monadelphous and Lycopodium in 2016, Mondium is strategically positioned to deliver engineering, procurement and construction projects from initial consultation through to design, construction, commissioning and handover of assets.
The Western Turner Syncline Phase 2 (WTS2) project is an expansion of the existing Rio Tinto Western Turner Syncline mine located 20 kilometres north-west of Tom Price in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
The mine development will allow Rio Tinto to access new iron ore deposits, as the existing mine reaches its capacity. WTS2 is a sustaining project for the great Tom Price region and will maintain existing output and not produce additional capacity.
Mondium will carry out all engineering and design, procurement and site construction works for the WTS2 greenfield development that includes a crushing facility, overland conveyor and associated non-process infrastructure.
As a result, we are seeking experienced and driven Senior Project Engineer - Earthworks, to join the Mondium team based on site on a 3 & 1 roster from Perth and play an integral part in the successful delivery of the WTS2 project in Western Australia.
Drawing on your previous experience, you will be responsible for:
- Executing and delivering the Earthworks component of the WTS2 project
- Driving the planning and scheduling the scope of work for the project
- Providing engineering/technical advice to on-site Supervisors and Site Management involved in the execution of works
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in either bulk and detailed earthworks and civil engineering packages for large scale resources projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- Hold strong, clear written and technical skills and can demonstrate capability in budgets/construction metrics and change management
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving abilities
For people joining us, that means the possibilities are endless. The ability to establish yourself in a rapidly expanding business, to be part of the team that sets the direction of the company, or the team on the ground that solidifies our reputation for delivery. And perhaps best of all, the ability to contribute ideas in a company that is small enough to be heard, but big enough to be working on major resources projects.
Mondium is an equal opportunity employer and believe diversity enriches our breadth of knowledge, capability and experience. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.